Sunday, June 3, 2012

INTRO

I was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer during Thanksgiving in 2011.

It was shocking. My profile didn't fit the stereotypical lung cancer patient. I'm a young, non-smoking active individual with a healthy lifestyle and no family history of cancer. That may be why I was content with being (wrongly) diagnosed with allergies, then asthma for months, even though inhalers didn't do anything to relieve my shortness of breath. It was hard to comprehend.

The goal of this blog is to raise awareness of lung cancer to help remove the stigma associated with lung cancer, encourage donations to lung cancer organizations, and help people detect lung cancer earlier. According to the National Cancer Institute, lung cancer is the top killing cancer in the US.


1 comment:

  1. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. This is a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete