Sunday, June 3, 2012

Dealing with the Diagnosis

During the staging process, I discovered that the cancer had spread to my brain, hip, spine, and lymph nodes. It was extremely hard to handle. Thoughts of death and incapacity among many other things  occupied my mind. I looked back at my life and thought if I died now, would I be okay with that? ... I would be. I'm happy with the way I lived my life. I'm happy with the wonderful family I have, the amazing friendships I've built, the places I've been to, the hobbies I've picked up, and the love (of my life) I found.

That made me realize I want to fight as hard as I can and as long I can because I want to be with my family and friends. So many people are rooting for me and I don't want to let them down. And if I only had a short time to live, I don't want to spend it crying endlessly by myself and miss out on life. 

So I take it day by day. It's gotten me to 6 months later and still going. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment