Sunday, July 5, 2015

My Grandma

Knowing that death is inevitable does not make facing death easier. Death felt so real when my grandma passed away this week. She was a good-natured, open minded, healthy, and active woman who loved to tease her grandkids. A few months back, she acknowledged her longevity; bravely declaring that at 97 years old, she was at peace with letting go when the time comes. That time came a few days ago. And while she was ready to go, it is still hard to accept the void in my life even knowing that she had an impressive and fulfilling life.  Despite the emptiness, her passing inspires me to reach that peaceful state when my time comes.
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have my deepest condolences...

    Everyday I refresh your pages, hoping for new posts to read. And everyday, I think how about how bad a friend I've been...never knowing what to say...having nothing to offer but my prayers and my hopes...

    We're long overdue for a catch-up. Let me know if you're up to it...

    -J-

    ReplyDelete