Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Good (?) Reason for Insomnia

After receiving radiation for my brain, the tumor generally would swell up. To counter that, I am currently on a steroid intake schedule for another week. As usual my body wants to rest, but my brain does not.

In an effort to tire my brain, I have been trying to read more. I came across The Fault in Our Stars (by John Green) about a teenage girl afflicted by cancer and living her life. I just finished the book and I can't stop thinking about how simple yet so insightful it was. I'm not a book critic, but if anything deserves to be #1 New York Times Bestseller, it's this. It was so profound and poignant in every way about relationships, love, meaning of life, and more. So good, I might have to re-read it.


A movie based on the book comes out in June. I'm very excited about it!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2582846/

4 comments:

  1. My sister just recommended this to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want to get a copy and read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this, on your recommendation. It is brilliant. Thank you for suggesting it.

    ReplyDelete