Friday, August 3, 2012

The BAM! Effect

I can be a clutz sometimes. I would be excited about seeing something outside the window and then BAM! I would hit my forehead on the window not realizing it was closed. Or I would walk out of a restaurant and then BAM! I would walk right into glass door. Strangely, I feel like that's life with cancer. I would be living my life carefree, happy, then BAM! A pain or side effect from treatment would hit me out of the blue.

The other day I was shopping for everyday home supplies. I had some hip pain, but nothing too overwhelming. As I was walking down the aisle, my knee suddenly buckled from weakness. I made it home okay, but the weak knee caught me off guard. Mainly, it's because I don't think about cancer much. I sometimes even forget about it, but events like these are a reminder that I'm physically not who I used to be. It's a reality check. It keeps happening, because I keep reverting back to my daydreaming ways. But I'd rather have reality mini-shocks and keep doing what I'm doing, than constantly think about what cancer might prevent me from doing.  




2 comments:

  1. Just make sure not to clean your windows too well so you know they're there.

    ReplyDelete