Friday, July 13, 2012

My Luck

I'm pretty lucky. My treatment is not so bad compared to other patients. When I asked to reschedule my hip radiation time, the technician said she would try, but some times were blocked off for in-patients who get full body radiation... full body radiation. Their entire body gets zapped with radiation. My jaw just dropped. She said it was for folks with leukemia. Even though I just barfed as I'm writing this, I felt like a wimp for being upset about getting radiation for only a small part of my body, when other people have to deal with worse. The radiation team also made the treatment much more pleasant. I wrote them thank you cards for their kindness, light conversations, and constant smiles that really help me though.

Even my immunotherapy treatment is not as bad. For one thing, my current treatment no longer hinders the growth of my hair. So now my hair is growing back after radiation, and quite nicely too. I have a good amount of hair on the sides and back. I still have to wait for the top to grow some more or else I walk out with a reverse mohawk pixie. I can't wait to have a full set of hair and embrace the freedom of no head gear, especially in the summer.  



No comments:

Post a Comment